Spring is in the Air
What do you think about when it comes to marketing this time of year? There is so much to draw from for marketing ideas this time of the year for almost every business. Using the seasons is a great strategy for developing marketing plans. Be sure and plan your seasonal marketing strategy in advance so as not to miss a great window of opportunity.
Springtime typically plays on the senses of warmer happier times. Here is a sample list of some ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Please comment with your ideas and how you market your product(s) and/or service(s) this time of year.
- The Time Change – Spring Forward – ‘It’s Time to Spring into Action’
- Many businesses use the time change to send their clients and prospects a reminder to change their clocks and to ‘Spring into Action,’ i.e. Real Estate – To Sell their home and/or buy their Dream Home.
- Talk about the Weather –
- Example – Use gorgeous spring weather to help promote your business! Come up with deals that revolve around weather to attract customers. Weather can be particularly useful for restaurants with patios; these businesses can bring in customers by making deals on their meals and entice them with a nice patio table. Also personal care products, businesses, or services, i.e. spas, weight loss, fitness – ‘Are you Beach Ready?’
- Spring Cleaning – ‘Out with the Old and In with the New’ ‘Fresh Clean Start’ ‘New Inventory’
- Example – Spring cleaning conjures up thoughts of getting rid of the old and bringing in the new, making the introduction of new products is ideal for this time of the year. Advertise an inventory sale to make room for the new stuff coming soon to generate interest. Another idea for a cleaning theme involves adding your company name, logo and website address to promotional cleaning materials, such as sponges, gloves or cleaning cloths, and handing them out or mailing the items to clients and prospects.
- Using Holidays to Market – St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Passover, Earth Day, May Day, Mother’s Day, etc.
- Example – Tie your spring marketing campaigns to one of the holidays that fall during the season, such as Easter, Passover, May Day or Mother’s Day. Know your target market so the holiday you choose to tie your message to strongly appeals to prospects and clients, such as selling gifts for Mother’s Day or new clothing and shoes for Easter festivities. Implement promotional ideas to build traffic, such as if you own a floral shop, offer a “buy one, get one at 50 percent discount” on May Day bouquets.
- Changing to Seasonal Colors – more pastel, spring like colors and/or using flowers, butterflies, etc.
- Example – After a dreary winter, your customers are likely ready to see some bright, warm colors that will put them in a happier mood. You can use this to your advantage by posting social media statuses or pictures featuring brightly colored flowers or scenery and using in your email marketing. Or if you have a storefront, re-decorating with spring colors and décor, flowers, etc. Nothing is better than putting your customer in a good mood.
- Using Events like March Madness, Spring Break, April 15th, etc.
- Example – Create a marketing effort related to the annual celebration of Earth Day that takes place on April 22. Build your brand by sponsoring a road cleanup project or a tree planting event, and invite the community to join in. Design T-shirts with your company’s name, logo and the event name, and hand them out to everyone to wear while participating. Another green activity that’s ideal for spring includes sending your marketing message to prospects and clients on paper covered with seeds. After they have read your message, instead of sending the waste paper to a landfill, they can bury it and wildflowers will bloom. Or send greeting cards with a packet of seeds with your springtime message.
Material from: (More ideas are also available from these sites).
Small Business Chronicle – http://smallbusiness.chron.com/springtime-marketing-ideas-64289.html
Stella PR Marketing – http://stellaprmarketing.com/fresh-ideas-for-springtime-marketing/
We would love to hear your ideas for your Spring Marketing.
Painted Lady Enterprises
“Helping You and Your Business Look Good”